BullyWiiHacks
Welcome dear guest! Very Happy

To start posting and being part of the BWH community, you simply need to register an account or log into an existing one.

If you do not wish to register at all, that's fine but there will be more advertisements. :/

You can probably see and download most content provided for regular members even without an account.

Your contributions will be greatly appreciated though, give it a shot and register today! thumbsup

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

BullyWiiHacks
Welcome dear guest! Very Happy

To start posting and being part of the BWH community, you simply need to register an account or log into an existing one.

If you do not wish to register at all, that's fine but there will be more advertisements. :/

You can probably see and download most content provided for regular members even without an account.

Your contributions will be greatly appreciated though, give it a shot and register today! thumbsup
BullyWiiHacks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BullyWiiHacks

Gaming, Modding & Programming

Important reminders:

- Click *HERE* for advanced forum search or check out the text field below on the front page for Google before posting
- NO support via private message (use the forum)
- Write meaningful topic titles
Site Translation
Latest topics
» Dropped Out of College to Pursue Web Dev and Life Pursuits in General
Super Smash Bros. Brawl PAL [RSBP01] Infinite Challenge Golden Hammer code Empty4/7/2024, 2:34 pm by SnB@BWH

» Bully Made It Into a BIG Video 400K Views
Super Smash Bros. Brawl PAL [RSBP01] Infinite Challenge Golden Hammer code Empty4/7/2024, 6:58 am by Bully@WiiPlaza

» Wii Play Tanks
Super Smash Bros. Brawl PAL [RSBP01] Infinite Challenge Golden Hammer code Empty3/24/2024, 2:46 pm by helpmeout

» [Bypass Paywalls] (Global) @magnolia1234 - GitLab
Super Smash Bros. Brawl PAL [RSBP01] Infinite Challenge Golden Hammer code Empty3/18/2024, 3:55 am by Seth@WiiPlaza

» [Download] Mary Shelley's Frankenhole
Super Smash Bros. Brawl PAL [RSBP01] Infinite Challenge Golden Hammer code Empty3/16/2024, 8:29 am by Seth@WiiPlaza

» Completely Custom Modded Controllers (Undetectable)
Super Smash Bros. Brawl PAL [RSBP01] Infinite Challenge Golden Hammer code Empty3/5/2024, 1:55 pm by Shadow@BWH

» (Zombies) Drink perks code?
Super Smash Bros. Brawl PAL [RSBP01] Infinite Challenge Golden Hammer code Empty3/5/2024, 1:24 pm by Shadow@BWH

» Die Rückkehr zu STEAM und WARFACE
Super Smash Bros. Brawl PAL [RSBP01] Infinite Challenge Golden Hammer code Empty3/2/2024, 3:54 am by Seth@WiiPlaza

» First person hand model change?
Super Smash Bros. Brawl PAL [RSBP01] Infinite Challenge Golden Hammer code Empty2/28/2024, 4:53 am by Ad3lamac611

» {RELEASE} Field Raider Firefox v1.72 by Seth@WiiPlaza
Super Smash Bros. Brawl PAL [RSBP01] Infinite Challenge Golden Hammer code Empty2/21/2024, 8:52 am by naxil

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Country Statistics
Free counters!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Super Smash Bros. Brawl PAL [RSBP01] Infinite Challenge Golden Hammer code

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

marc.godhusen

marc.godhusen

Hello everybody,

I'm playing Brawl again lastly and wondered why there's no infinite Golden Hammer code for the challenges. So I thought
anyone of you can make one for me? This would be great!

Thank you very much!

SnB@BWH

SnB@BWH
Admin & Writer

Nobody really codes Wii anymore. So, getting someone with a Gecko to make you this code seems unlikely to happen. Although, if you have or know of someone with a damn good computer, like a gaming one, you could get Dolphin and an ISO or WBFS file of the game and try making the code with the really shitty RAM search feature Dolphin has to offer.

marc.godhusen

marc.godhusen

I have a damn good gaming computer and I'm playing Brawl on Dolphin. The RAM view feature is uncomfortable, but I was able to do something with it before. But unfortunately, I don't know how I would search for the Golden Hammers. What would I have to do for this?

SnB@BWH

SnB@BWH
Admin & Writer

I'm not exactly sure, as I have never played the game. If by "infinite golden hammer", you mean to have the hammer for as long as you want, there will most likely be two values, one that tells you you have the golden hammer and one that tells you for how long you have left to use it. These values, since being very similar in action to each other, should be very close to each other in RAM. Although, there might be a possibility that it is not as close as I would think.

You will have to search either when you have the golden hammer and when you do not have it or the time value that decreases when you have it. So, let's say you want to search for the time. You start the search. The value will most likely be 0 or some negative number, if I'm not mistaking. When you get the golden hammer, search for Greater Than Previous Value, since the value mentioned before will most likely be 0 or negative, it is now a greater number than before. Now, after the search, wait a second. If you wait less than a second, the value might only change every second instead of milliseconds or however much it changes. Thus, to be safe, it is best to wait at least a second or more. Now, pause the game either by using the controls or if the Dolphin emulator allows you to pause emulation. The time has decreased instead of increasing, so search for Less Than Previous Value. Keep searching for less than previous value, until your time with the golden hammer has run out. It is best advised that you use the golden hammer first without trying to search for the address and countdown the seconds or approximate intervals you will be using to search for the address until the time runs out. This is to make sure you don't accidentally search for the value when you're not supposed to. If you accidentally search when you're not supposed to, you will have to redo the whole search all over again. Once your time has run out after searching for the address and your results list is pretty big, redo the same steps as before. Search for Greater Than Previous Value and then as the value decreases, search for Less Than Previous Value. If you still have a big list, you should know what to do. You should eventually be left with just a few or several addresses at the most, if not just a single address.

As Bully has mentioned in a post before, there are secrets to searching for addresses, some that never change I can not explain this to you how that works, as I've never done it before because I've never been taught or learned how to do it, but I suppose if you open up a thread and ask, you'll get your answer.

Hope this helped and I hope you are able to make the code and if not that code, then maybe some others. Smile Have any questions? Just post below and I or someone like Bully will be glad to help.

marc.godhusen

marc.godhusen

Thank you for these instructions but unfortunately this is not the Golden Hammer I mean. In Brawl, there is a Golden Hammer item that you can use in the battles but there are another kind of Golden Hammers which are used to open up the panels on the Challenges chart. (http://www.ssbwiki.com/Golden_Hammer)

Normally, you only get 5 of those but I'd like to have an infinite amount of them because some of the challenges are incredibly tough. But I don't want to download a full save file because it wouldn't have my customizations.

Maybe Bully knows more about this? He already made a code for Brawl for me a long time ago.

SnB@BWH

SnB@BWH
Admin & Writer

OK, so if I understand correctly... You would start off with 5, then do the old fashioned way of coding and just search for the new value whenever it changes. But seeing as if it were that simple of a code to make, you would think someone would have already made it.  Neutral  I don't know, you could try that and report back if you could find the value. And, yes, I do believe Bully would know how to code this, but I doubt he would code it with his Gecko; I think he's done with Gecko coding. However, he should be able to show you what to do to make the code in Dolphin. But just so you know, Dolphin is really just for emulating Wii and GameCube, it isn't really meant for debugging games. Hence why it sucks for debugging. Hopefully someday, the Dolphin dev team implements much better debugging capabilities like what is seen in Desmume and FCEUX. I'll wait til Bully gets online, so he can help you, because one, I haven't played the game and two I don't know much about Dolphin coding or just coding in general. I know some, but no where close to what he knows.

(Credits to XxModZxX@BWH for the idea for the 5 value idea)

marc.godhusen

marc.godhusen

Sorry, that I didn't reply anymore. Okay, I tried to get to the value but as I expected it, I can't find it. I guess it's on a pointer. I made a save state and tried to use Cheat Engine. And I found addresses which changed whenever I used a Golden Hammer and when I re-load the save state. But the addresses are different every session and I can't freeze the values. I really would like to have that code, but I'm not skilled enough.

XxModZxX@WiiPlaza

XxModZxX@WiiPlaza
Mod Skid Programmer, Coder & Hacker

If you can link me the iso I can maybe try something. Pm me the link. I think I can go around the addresses that are moving. If there moving it's not the right value.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum