BullyWiiHacks
Welcome dear guest! Very Happy

To start posting and being part of the BWH community, you simply need to register an account or log into an existing one.

If you do not wish to register at all, that's fine but there will be more advertisements. :/

You can probably see and download most content provided for regular members even without an account.

Your contributions will be greatly appreciated though, give it a shot and register today! thumbsup

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

BullyWiiHacks
Welcome dear guest! Very Happy

To start posting and being part of the BWH community, you simply need to register an account or log into an existing one.

If you do not wish to register at all, that's fine but there will be more advertisements. :/

You can probably see and download most content provided for regular members even without an account.

Your contributions will be greatly appreciated though, give it a shot and register today! thumbsup
BullyWiiHacks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BullyWiiHacks

Gaming, Modding & Programming

Important reminders:

- Click *HERE* for advanced forum search or check out the text field below on the front page for Google before posting
- NO support via private message (use the forum)
- Write meaningful topic titles
Site Translation
Latest topics
» Dropped Out of College to Pursue Web Dev and Life Pursuits in General
[REQUEST] POKEMON BATTLE REVOLUTION PAL/EUR/USA/NTSC/JPN - REMOVE BLOOM EFFECT Code Empty4/7/2024, 2:34 pm by SnB@BWH

» Bully Made It Into a BIG Video 400K Views
[REQUEST] POKEMON BATTLE REVOLUTION PAL/EUR/USA/NTSC/JPN - REMOVE BLOOM EFFECT Code Empty4/7/2024, 6:58 am by Bully@WiiPlaza

» Wii Play Tanks
[REQUEST] POKEMON BATTLE REVOLUTION PAL/EUR/USA/NTSC/JPN - REMOVE BLOOM EFFECT Code Empty3/24/2024, 2:46 pm by helpmeout

» [Bypass Paywalls] (Global) @magnolia1234 - GitLab
[REQUEST] POKEMON BATTLE REVOLUTION PAL/EUR/USA/NTSC/JPN - REMOVE BLOOM EFFECT Code Empty3/18/2024, 3:55 am by Seth@WiiPlaza

» [Download] Mary Shelley's Frankenhole
[REQUEST] POKEMON BATTLE REVOLUTION PAL/EUR/USA/NTSC/JPN - REMOVE BLOOM EFFECT Code Empty3/16/2024, 8:29 am by Seth@WiiPlaza

» Completely Custom Modded Controllers (Undetectable)
[REQUEST] POKEMON BATTLE REVOLUTION PAL/EUR/USA/NTSC/JPN - REMOVE BLOOM EFFECT Code Empty3/5/2024, 1:55 pm by Shadow@BWH

» (Zombies) Drink perks code?
[REQUEST] POKEMON BATTLE REVOLUTION PAL/EUR/USA/NTSC/JPN - REMOVE BLOOM EFFECT Code Empty3/5/2024, 1:24 pm by Shadow@BWH

» Die Rückkehr zu STEAM und WARFACE
[REQUEST] POKEMON BATTLE REVOLUTION PAL/EUR/USA/NTSC/JPN - REMOVE BLOOM EFFECT Code Empty3/2/2024, 3:54 am by Seth@WiiPlaza

» First person hand model change?
[REQUEST] POKEMON BATTLE REVOLUTION PAL/EUR/USA/NTSC/JPN - REMOVE BLOOM EFFECT Code Empty2/28/2024, 4:53 am by Ad3lamac611

» {RELEASE} Field Raider Firefox v1.72 by Seth@WiiPlaza
[REQUEST] POKEMON BATTLE REVOLUTION PAL/EUR/USA/NTSC/JPN - REMOVE BLOOM EFFECT Code Empty2/21/2024, 8:52 am by naxil

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Country Statistics
Free counters!

You are not connected. Please login or register

[REQUEST] POKEMON BATTLE REVOLUTION PAL/EUR/USA/NTSC/JPN - REMOVE BLOOM EFFECT Code

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

gondracorn

gondracorn

Apparently, this game has an odd bloom effect when viewing from abstract or oblique angles

A simple fix would be to remove the bloom effect as seen in Zelda: Twilight Princess

Perhaps I'm missing something, but I could've sworn there was a code for this specifically for this game. I know I removed it before without any problems using a gecko code, but unfortonately, the code has eluded me for a long time now.

I run dolphin emulator and Wii U with Pokemon Battle Revolution, and both have the bloom effect (ghosting image)

Last edited by gondracorn on 7/28/2017, 3:26 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Correcting game title)

SnB@BWH

SnB@BWH
Admin & Writer

If you are sure you had the code before, I would suggest doing a Google search or searching the game on www.GeckoCodes.org I couldn't find anything on GeckoCodes, but maybe I wasn't looking for the right code.

gondracorn

gondracorn

Yeah, pretty sure I had it. I have looked all over the net by now. I even looked it up in places with foreign languages, but nothing seems to be there anymore except the regular codes already given here.

Could it be possible for a very newbish cheater to recreate the code for this?

How would I do it?

Perhaps a step by step tutorial or something to find the said code would help. Perhaps that will trigger my ability to learn how to code...

SnB@BWH

SnB@BWH
Admin & Writer

This code would either be a Float (3F800000) or Boolean (00.../01000000, or 1 being on far right). You would have to search for increasing / decreasing values based upon whether the "bloom" is shown or not (increasing value for shown, and vice versa).

To do this, you would have to change the angle so it is shown / not shown, and search for the respective type of value. Repeat until you have a very small amount of addresses and can no longer reduce the amount. Test the address(es) by making a direct RAM write code with its appropriate bit size of the address; more than likely, this will be 04 or 05 (05 if address is above 81...).

It is VERY easy to make RAM write codes and to find the address(es) to make a code. All it really takes is a bit of thinking, common sense, and knowing the logic behind how the code would work to better find tricks and ways to find the address(es) and then make the code.

Bully@WiiPlaza

Bully@WiiPlaza

I made many codes for this game and I'm not aware of the bloom effect nor a code for it Shocked

gondracorn

gondracorn

SnB@BWH wrote:This code would either be a Float (3F800000) or Boolean (00.../01000000, or 1 being on far right). You would have to search for increasing / decreasing values based upon whether the "bloom" is shown or not (increasing value for shown, and vice versa).

To do this, you would have to change the angle so it is shown / not shown, and search for the respective type of value. Repeat until you have a very small amount of addresses and can no longer reduce the amount. Test the address(es) by making a direct RAM write code with its appropriate bit size of the address; more than likely, this will be 04 or 05 (05 if address is above 81...).

It is VERY easy to make RAM write codes and to find the address(es) to make a code. All it really takes is a bit of thinking, common sense, and knowing the logic behind how the code would work to better find tricks and ways to find the address(es) and then make the code.

Sounds good! I'll get started with it and let you know any progress I've made with it.

gondracorn

gondracorn

So... when using dolphin's built-in cheat engine, I search for 3F800000 and it tells me to enter a valid hexidecimal, decimal, or octal value.

I'm trying to get it to narrow down the results within a given range. Cheat Engine doesn't seem to work with Dolphin's cheats, since Cheat Engine attaches itself to the dolphin process.

Is there a tool or something that allows advanced cheat search while playing dolphin?

EDIT: It seems to want to search for a known value, not incrimenting or decreasing values. There is no option in 5.0 to find an incimenting value, unfortunately.

There are the following options:

Unknown
Equal
Not Equal
Greater Than
Less Than

Last edited by gondracorn on 8/2/2017, 5:28 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Additional Details)

SnB@BWH

SnB@BWH
Admin & Writer

Why are you using an outdated version of Cheat Engine? The latest version is 6.7.

Instead of linking you to the official site, because it now contains framed popups asking you to download some "anti-virus" or "PC tune-up", which is obviously either a PUP or a Trojan, so instead I'll link you to the actual file I uploaded on MEGA HERE.

I'll help you out later with the other stuff, because I have to tend to other things now.

Bully@WiiPlaza

Bully@WiiPlaza

Lol, they're sneaky with that adware. Whoever can read or takes a minute to read has an advantage. They know most people don't so happy adware. Cool

You should download the latest releases from here then:
https://github.com/cheat-engine/cheat-engine/releases

gondracorn

gondracorn

SnB@BWH wrote:Why are you using an outdated version of Cheat Engine? The latest version is 6.7.

Instead of linking you to the official site, because it now contains framed popups asking you to download some "anti-virus" or "PC tune-up", which is obviously either a PUP or a Trojan, so instead I'll link you to the actual file I uploaded on MEGA HERE.

I'll help you out later with the other stuff, because I have to tend to other things now.

Hi. Yes, I already have the latest version of cheat engine. Maybe I should've specified that.

the problem is that Cheat Engine hooks to dolphin emulator's process, not the actual game process.

this produces, from my observations and understanding, entirely different addresses for the said code. Thus, when using Cheat Engine to find an address for a code, it may or may not work with Dolphin's built-in gecko code.

A work-around would be to use Dolphins' built-in cheat engine. But that has severe limitations.

Does anyone know of a Cheat Engine that can modify codes in real-time while the game is running, which can then be transfered into AR/Gecko Codes to use with the Dolphin cheat tables?

SnB@BWH

SnB@BWH
Admin & Writer

I came up with an idea a while back where someone could build a program like Gecko dotNET, but make it work with Dolphin, or to use the source from Dolphin (freely available on Github), and include the same type of program as a separate form within Dolphin. The latter would be much easier.

You'd have to be pretty good at programming that specific language though, or to look at the Gecko dotNET source code, and make it work in Dolphin.

Also, you can still find addresses in Cheat Engine when hooked to Dolphin. Reason being is that as long as the process (Dolphin.exe) has a form (the game window), both programs are still within the same process. And yes, as you said, you won't be able to get the correct addresses, because it can only scan CPU memory, not the emulated memory; can't differentiate between the two. However, you can still find the value in Cheat Engine, and search the value in Dolphin to find the Wii address.

You have several more search options in Cheat Engine than you do Dolphin. So, this would be more effective than using Dolphin's built-in debugger, because the Dolphin debugger is pretty limited, as you said.

12[REQUEST] POKEMON BATTLE REVOLUTION PAL/EUR/USA/NTSC/JPN - REMOVE BLOOM EFFECT Code Empty Couldn't figure it out 1/2/2018, 12:29 pm

gondracorn

gondracorn

So, I've been searching in the RAM addresses for quite a bit. I think I've found a couple of addresses that refer to the Bloom Effect, but it's a very low number, even in HEX or Float. This makes it harder to search for a particular address within Dolphin's own cheat engine itself. I've tried using the said address with the cheat table to turn the code off, but it gave me an unknown error that basically meant I tried inputting a code that messes with Dolphin's operations, and then Dolphin shuts down with a "The program has stopped working. Windows is searching for an answer to this problem."

I am not very new to hacking, been doing it for about 8 years now, slowly learning more each month. I already hacked Kingdom Hearts 1 PCSX2 FOV camera (But it only works with savestates, the address changes every time you open the program). I also figured out Pokemon Stadium 1 and Pokemon Stadium 2's camera (Pokemon Stadium 2's camera hacks, though, causes the entire field to be warped, the models to be distored or jitter, etc.). I may also have found Tales of Abyss' Battle Camera addresses. All of these camera hacks, though, are savestate only, as the addresses that control the camera always change with each loading of the game.

Besides this point, I could not figure out exactly how to remove the bloom effect from Pokemon Battle Revolution. I don't really know why they added a "Bloom" effect in this game; it makes models blurry and seem Low Quality.

If you could provide some more help or insight, that would be great.

All the best,

Brandon Thomason.

13[REQUEST] POKEMON BATTLE REVOLUTION PAL/EUR/USA/NTSC/JPN - REMOVE BLOOM EFFECT Code Empty Remove Blur Code 12/12/2020, 12:01 am

gondracorn

gondracorn

Here's the Remove Bloom / Double Vision / Blur Code we found.

It's for AR

04641E88 00000000

SnB@BWH

SnB@BWH
Admin & Writer

Awesome! Glad you found it. Smile If you can make a couple more codes, I'll give you Code Creator status. Can be for any game or system.

gondracorn

gondracorn

that's great, but I didn't make the code. Credit goes to Felk on Discord for finding the values and addresses through savestates and consolidating the code.

SnB@BWH

SnB@BWH
Admin & Writer

Oh, OK.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum