BullyWiiHacks
Welcome dear guest! Very Happy

To start posting and being part of the BWH community, you simply need to register an account or log into an existing one.

If you do not wish to register at all, that's fine but there will be more advertisements. :/

You can probably see and download most content provided for regular members even without an account.

Your contributions will be greatly appreciated though, give it a shot and register today! thumbsup

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

BullyWiiHacks
Welcome dear guest! Very Happy

To start posting and being part of the BWH community, you simply need to register an account or log into an existing one.

If you do not wish to register at all, that's fine but there will be more advertisements. :/

You can probably see and download most content provided for regular members even without an account.

Your contributions will be greatly appreciated though, give it a shot and register today! thumbsup
BullyWiiHacks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BullyWiiHacks

Gaming, Modding & Programming

Important reminders:

- Click *HERE* for advanced forum search or check out the text field below on the front page for Google before posting
- NO support via private message (use the forum)
- Write meaningful topic titles
Site Translation
Latest topics
» Dropped Out of College to Pursue Web Dev and Life Pursuits in General
Got A Chromebook Recently, But Bad News For Forum Empty4/7/2024, 2:34 pm by SnB@BWH

» Bully Made It Into a BIG Video 400K Views
Got A Chromebook Recently, But Bad News For Forum Empty4/7/2024, 6:58 am by Bully@WiiPlaza

» Wii Play Tanks
Got A Chromebook Recently, But Bad News For Forum Empty3/24/2024, 2:46 pm by helpmeout

» [Bypass Paywalls] (Global) @magnolia1234 - GitLab
Got A Chromebook Recently, But Bad News For Forum Empty3/18/2024, 3:55 am by Seth@WiiPlaza

» [Download] Mary Shelley's Frankenhole
Got A Chromebook Recently, But Bad News For Forum Empty3/16/2024, 8:29 am by Seth@WiiPlaza

» Completely Custom Modded Controllers (Undetectable)
Got A Chromebook Recently, But Bad News For Forum Empty3/5/2024, 1:55 pm by Shadow@BWH

» (Zombies) Drink perks code?
Got A Chromebook Recently, But Bad News For Forum Empty3/5/2024, 1:24 pm by Shadow@BWH

» Die Rückkehr zu STEAM und WARFACE
Got A Chromebook Recently, But Bad News For Forum Empty3/2/2024, 3:54 am by Seth@WiiPlaza

» First person hand model change?
Got A Chromebook Recently, But Bad News For Forum Empty2/28/2024, 4:53 am by Ad3lamac611

» {RELEASE} Field Raider Firefox v1.72 by Seth@WiiPlaza
Got A Chromebook Recently, But Bad News For Forum Empty2/21/2024, 8:52 am by naxil

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Country Statistics
Free counters!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Got A Chromebook Recently, But Bad News For Forum

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

SnB@BWH

SnB@BWH
Admin & Writer

I recently got a Chromebook recently, because my C drive on my Win computer died on me one night. I don't know what had caused it. Probably having the computer on 24/7 for months on end, doing things in the background, overworked it maybe. I bought it back in May of 2018. 1,200$ computer... Lasted pretty well 4 years... It should have lasted more than 5!

Anyways, I was upset at the time, but I knew something like that would happen at some point. I had to order another computer off Amazon, and recently before this had happened, I was actually researching and learning a tad bit about Chromebooks. I can't survive long without a PC, so that early morning about a week or 2 ago, I had ordered one off Amazon. The best one people have been posting about on articles and forums is the Acer Spin 713. My Win computer was an Acer, I've had an Acer before, a Vista... God damn piece of shit! I only paid 20$ for it about 9 or 10 years ago. Fucking thing should have been free.

Before that, I had a 768 MB RAM, Pentium 4 Dell Dimension 2350 (or whatever model number it was), a VERY popular computer back in the early 2000's. I had that for 13 years... It even had a box monitor, how old the thing was!

So, anyways... I wasn't going to get another Acer, especially not pay over 1,000$ for one. So, I decided on an Asus Chromebook. 380$ taxes incl. It has its downsides (the computer hardware and OS), but it makes up for them in simplicity and speed. I like it so far. There'd be a few things, if I could / knew how to, change / add / get rid of, bug fixes, etc, (but bugs could be hardware-related). Other than a few little things, I don't mind it at all. I'm happy I have a PC I can use everyday whenever I want.

Now, here is the bad news... Chromebooks run an OS called... Chrome OS. Therefore, it cannot run Windows programs, and instead runs Android apps. Since pretty fucking well every program for almost anything is for Windows, I can't use programs like Dolphin, HxD, FCEUX, etc., for code help / creation... Sorry. I've been using Windows for the past 22 fucking years; I needed to change it up at some point, lol

There will be other things I will post about though, if I get the chance. Just been busy with life shit lately.

Got A Chromebook Recently, But Bad News For Forum LSTjSyDDiscord: SnB_BWH

Click HERE to earn free bitcoin, litecoin, dogecoin, and dash!

Win Free Bitcoins every hour!

Mckcssa

Mckcssa

Chromebook = garbage

SnB@BWH

SnB@BWH
Admin & Writer

That's your opinion, but after having used it for a couple months, I'm really enjoying it. Smile A lot more simpler and often times faster than most Windows computers, and a hell of a lot cheaper, especially for people on a budget. Also, I needed something cheap, and easy to use and setup, etc. immediately. I wasn't going to spend 1,200$, plus an extra few hundred dollars more to upgrade a few things on another Windows computer... For it to last only 4 fucking years. Rather have a computer I can easily keep clean and fast for only about 15-20% of the cost of that particular Windows computer I had.

Have you ever given a Chromebook a chance? Or did you just read one article on Google that was knocking Chromebooks, and say, nope, that's garbage? You can't dislike something, unless you give it a chance and actually use the damn thing.

Bully@WiiPlaza

Bully@WiiPlaza

I also think it's "garbage" because PC's are Windows land. I don't want to use entirely different software just to do my usual stuff. And yes, most big software is cross-platform these days but regardless, it seems like a big drawback. For casual PC users it seems great, not for "power users". All the other advantages don't matter to me and I'm willing to pay almost any price for an amazing machine. This is what you work for in a job after all or sell things, to be able to afford what you like.

Also when people ask why some of my software doesn't run on their Chromebooks or whether I can support it, I cringe. Twisted Evil
Maybe I'll buy one just to develop fixes for some of my software which has trouble working flawlessly if enough people get Chromebooks but currently hardly anyone uses them so the user base is too small to seriously consider. Wink

SnB@BWH

SnB@BWH
Admin & Writer

@Bully

I hear ya, man. Past few days, I've been thinking of getting a second computer for doing higher-end stuff. ... I've been thinking of getting a Mac, and keep my Chromebook for whatever purpose. It can also run Windows in dual-boot pretty good from the videos and articles I have read. I've never owned a Mac (couldn't afford one years ago), but have used one a few dozen times back in highschool tech class. It was alright at the time and I didn't really care for it much, only because I had been, at the time, using Windows since about 2000.

I've come to the point, I might as well try new things. Also, thinking of switching from my cheap Android phone to an iPhone. After all... my point on life is, strive for what you deserve. If you want a 3,000$ computer or a 100,000$ car, etc., why the fuck shouldn't you have one?

You work for it, you save up, you get it, and... you will feel fucking great about it, instead of spending an entire pension or other source of income on shit that you can't wake up to in the morning and say, "Hey, there's my 3,000$ computer. I think I'll go for a drive in my 100,000$ car to another city, spend the weekend at a ritzy hotel... maybe even hire a call girl, cause hey, what the fuck.", but instead it's "Oh, shit! There's a 2-4 of empty beer cans lying on my floor from yesterday. I can take that to the beer store and get a free beer!" I know a guy who lives each day of his life like that. Sad and pathetic... No standards whatsoever!

All you'll have to show for every day of your life is a house full of empty bottles and feeling good for an hour or two, and then feel like shit. It's pretty well punishing yourself. I do not want to end up like most people in my family, and like that guy.

I've had an Ethanol problem for a while now. I make it myself... very cheap and very strong. Liquour store costs 70$ for 1.75 L's at 40%. I can make ~1 US gallon (3.78 L's) at 60% for 12 fucking dollars! I was going days drinking it. Everything you would need to make it can be bought on Amazon (water distiller and yeast) and your local grocery store (sugar). Just the past couple weeks or so, I have been getting a lot better with the problem though. Just seeing how Ethanol revolves around and punishes some people's lives, it scares me to not want to end up like them.

For years, but even more so lately, I have been getting false awakenings, night terrors, nightmares, nighttime anxiety, and other sleep disturbances, and some insomnia as well... that I am pretty sure can be attributed to consumption of Ethanol.

Sorry, this has turned into more of an outlook on life than a comment on the original topic, lol Helps me to write this shit down somewhere though. Smile

Bully@WiiPlaza

Bully@WiiPlaza

I'm actually getting a Mac as well to compile and test some of my C++ programs on it (just for that purpose pretty much since I grew tired of borrowing one, people are unreliable). Due to the nature of C++, you need to compile your code on each machine individually and you probably want to make sure it works exactly as it should. According to the Apple Mac OS license, you're not allowed to virtualize it and virtual machines kind of suck. I don't trust they work as well as a "real" device, especially if it's not really supported officially to virtualize e.g. Mac OS. Plus, virtual machines are tedious and slow. I can compile for Linux easily using WSL (Windows Subsystem for Linux) though. That is a fantastic thing Microsoft did.

Regarding the bottles and feeling better about yourself, you're right. I work pretty hard every day to bring myself forward in every way. Keeping the home clean, earning more money, achieving more great software development. Wink

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum