BullyWiiHacks
Welcome dear guest! Very Happy

To start posting and being part of the BWH community, you simply need to register an account or log into an existing one.

If you do not wish to register at all, that's fine but there will be more advertisements. :/

You can probably see and download most content provided for regular members even without an account.

Your contributions will be greatly appreciated though, give it a shot and register today! thumbsup

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

BullyWiiHacks
Welcome dear guest! Very Happy

To start posting and being part of the BWH community, you simply need to register an account or log into an existing one.

If you do not wish to register at all, that's fine but there will be more advertisements. :/

You can probably see and download most content provided for regular members even without an account.

Your contributions will be greatly appreciated though, give it a shot and register today! thumbsup
BullyWiiHacks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BullyWiiHacks

Gaming, Modding & Programming

Important reminders:

- Click *HERE* for advanced forum search or check out the text field below on the front page for Google before posting
- NO support via private message (use the forum)
- Write meaningful topic titles
Site Translation
Latest topics
» Dropped Out of College to Pursue Web Dev and Life Pursuits in General
Program Like HxD For Mac for Code Porting? Empty4/7/2024, 2:34 pm by SnB@BWH

» Bully Made It Into a BIG Video 400K Views
Program Like HxD For Mac for Code Porting? Empty4/7/2024, 6:58 am by Bully@WiiPlaza

» Wii Play Tanks
Program Like HxD For Mac for Code Porting? Empty3/24/2024, 2:46 pm by helpmeout

» [Bypass Paywalls] (Global) @magnolia1234 - GitLab
Program Like HxD For Mac for Code Porting? Empty3/18/2024, 3:55 am by Seth@WiiPlaza

» [Download] Mary Shelley's Frankenhole
Program Like HxD For Mac for Code Porting? Empty3/16/2024, 8:29 am by Seth@WiiPlaza

» Completely Custom Modded Controllers (Undetectable)
Program Like HxD For Mac for Code Porting? Empty3/5/2024, 1:55 pm by Shadow@BWH

» (Zombies) Drink perks code?
Program Like HxD For Mac for Code Porting? Empty3/5/2024, 1:24 pm by Shadow@BWH

» Die Rückkehr zu STEAM und WARFACE
Program Like HxD For Mac for Code Porting? Empty3/2/2024, 3:54 am by Seth@WiiPlaza

» First person hand model change?
Program Like HxD For Mac for Code Porting? Empty2/28/2024, 4:53 am by Ad3lamac611

» {RELEASE} Field Raider Firefox v1.72 by Seth@WiiPlaza
Program Like HxD For Mac for Code Porting? Empty2/21/2024, 8:52 am by naxil

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Country Statistics
Free counters!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Program Like HxD For Mac for Code Porting?

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

odudleys

odudleys

Sooooo I am learning how to port codes but the Hex edit thing I found doesn't let me find a string without making me replace it and I can't find the strings when I want to find the address of the new code in the offset area. Does anyone have a download link for a hex editor that lets you just find things? (preferably for mac.) Thanks in advance!!

Bully@WiiPlaza

Bully@WiiPlaza

HxD is really good Idk if it works on Mac.

3Question Am I doing this right? 7/8/2013, 3:11 pm

odudleys

odudleys

Just got it you're right it does work good!! (Although I have to use WinOnX for it to work.) But I just want to make sure I'm doing this right. So If I wanna convert a PAL code to NTSC-U, First in the PAL RAM, I take the last 6 things in the first code line, and I search for it as an offset. Then I take the string with that offset, copy the whole thing, and open the NTSC-U RAM. Then I search for the string and the offset replaces the old offset. Is this correct??? Please let me know, I'm a little confused. Thanks sooo much Bully!! P.S. Also I'm asking cause it didn't work when i tried.

Bully@WiiPlaza

Bully@WiiPlaza

It's right overall but you have to make sure the string you search is unique in the PAL dump in the first place. It must lead back to the same spot before you bother on NTSC-U.

5Question Still a little confused 7/9/2013, 4:39 am

odudleys

odudleys

Hmm what do you mean by that? I'm a little confused. I saw your HxD tutorial on the site but I'm still confused of what part of the string to search for. Thanks! Very Happy yay 

Bully@WiiPlaza

Bully@WiiPlaza

Try this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJPwVswdGOQ

odudleys

odudleys

I watched the video... What exactly do you mean by the PAL string has to be "unique" ?

Bully@WiiPlaza

Bully@WiiPlaza

You need to find it again by searching from the beginning. In order to get good results it shouldn't hit false spots a lot therefore as unique as possible. If you don't know you have to experiment until it works.

odudleys

odudleys

I just have one more question... If I wanted to port a code like rapid fire, which has several lines of code, am I only changing the first 8 parts of the code also or is there more to it? Thanks.

SnB@BWH

SnB@BWH
Admin & Writer

@odudleys

You port the address(es). You have to know the codetypes and how they work to know where the address(es) is / are in the code. Also, I've attempted to port different Rapidfire codes in the past, and was unsuccessful. I don't know what it is about them, but I can't seem to port them. I tried porting, crossing to other game modes and games, but without luck. I don't think I ever tried porting Rapidfire codes to other regions, but now that you say that, I just might give that a try. Smile

Bully@WiiPlaza

Bully@WiiPlaza

4 years later xD
I guess he stopped caring.

SnB@BWH

SnB@BWH
Admin & Writer

Program Like HxD For Mac for Code Porting? OhC5NTt

I just posted it for someone else's reference.

SnB@BWH

SnB@BWH
Admin & Writer

Any Hex editor will work. Although, HxD is the go-to for any hacker or most computer hobbyists. I am sure there are many freeware Hex editors available for Mac OS. You just need Go To, Search, Copy / Paste, and multiple tabs and an option to find all matching cases, which is very benificial in code porting, as was aforementioned by Bully. Any decent Hex editor would have these features. That's all you need.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum